MIROSLAV L DJORDJEVIC, MD
Professor of Urology/Surgery
1984-1991, Belgrade University, School of Medicine
Pediatric Surgery: 1993-1998, Medical School, Belgrade University
July 1998. - Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Surgery
Urology, 1998-2002, Medical School, Belgrade University
May 2002. - Board Certified Specialist in Urology
Pediatric Urology, 1999- 2002, Medical School, Belgrade University
April 2002. - Board Certified Subspecialist in Pediatric Urology
Master of Medical Sciences in Urology:
June 1997. - Master's Theses Defended (Title: "Erection provoked by Prostaglandine E1 versus artificial erection in the diagnosis and treatment of congenital penile anomalies")
1998 - 2003, Medical School, Belgrade University
PhD Theses: "A new approach for surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease".
1992 - 1998
Pediatric surgery, University Children's Hospital, Tirsova 10, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
1998 - Present
Pediatric Urology Department, University Children's Hospital, Tirsova 10, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
1999 - 2012
Associate Professor of Surgery, Medical School, University of Belgrade
2012 - Present
Professor of Surgery, Medical School, University of Belgrade
2013 - Present
Member of Academy of Serbian Medical Association
First prize for a best video presentation entitled "Komplette Penile Disassembly Technik Bei Der Epispadiekorrektur-Eine Neue Variante" at the 51th Congress of DGU (Deutschen Gesellschaft fur Urologie)
First prize for a best video presentation for 1999 entitled "A new approach to the surgical treatment of Peyronie's disease" at the 15th Congress of EAU (European Association of Urology)
Second prize for a best video presentation entitled "Diphallus-Erfolgreiche Chirurgische Vereinigung der Penise" at the 55th Congress of DGU (Deutschen Gesellschaft fur Urologie)
Third prize for a best video presentation entitled "Dorsaler Dartoslappen zur Fistelforbeugung bei der Hypospadiekorrektur nach Snodgrass" at the 57th Congress of DGU(Deutschen Gesellschaft fur Urologie)
First prize for best poster presentation entitled ''Urethral lengthening in female transsexuals using combined buccalmucosa graft and labia minora flap", presented at FOURTH EAU South Eastern European Meeting, Tirana 2008
First prize for best poster presentation entitled ''One stage metoidioplasty in female to male transgender patients: the role of genital flaps for urethral reconstruction", presented at FIFTH EAU South Eastern European Meeting, Belgrade, 2009
Second prize for best presentation entitled ''Fast-track surgery concepts in pediatric urology: are they always possible?", presented at Anual Meeting of European Paediatric Surgeons association, Barcelona, 2011.
First prize for best poster presentation entitled ''Total phalloplasty in female transsexuals: Technique and outcomes", at SEVENTH EAU South Eastern European Meeting, Skopje, 2011.
First prize for the best poster presentation entitled „Reversal surgery in regretful male to female transsexuals after sex reassignment surgery", presented at TENTH EAU South Eastern European Meeting, Belgrade, 2014.
Member of INTERPLAST, an USA based humanitarian surgical team. Participated as a urological INTERPLAST team member in a humanitarian mission in Saigon, Vietnam
Memberships in International Societies
ESPU - European Society of Pediatric Urology, 2001-present
AAP- American Academy of Pediatrics - Section of Urology, 2000-present
AUA - American Urological Association, 2003-present
EAU - European Association of Urology, 1995- present
SIU - International Urological Association, 2006-present
GURS - Society for Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons, 2007-present
DGU - German Urological Association, 2006-present
ESSM - European Society for Sexual Medicine
ISSM - International Society for Sexual Medicine
WPATH - World Professional Association for Transgender Health, 1996-present
EPATH - European Professional Association for Transgender Health, 2014-present
IVU- International Volunteers in Urology, 2005-present
EAfGS - European Association for Gender Surgeons, 2013- present
Journal's Editorial Board
1. Editor: Advances in Urology, Hindawi Publisher
2. Editorial Board: Urology. Datasets Papers in Medicine
3. Advisory Board: Andrologia Journal, Sofia, Bulgaria
4. International Editorial Board: Urologia Essencial, Brasil
5. Editorial Board: International Archives of Urology
6. Editorial Board: International Journal of Research in Urology
7. Lead Guest Editor: Advances in Urology, two times
8. Lead Guest Editor: Scientific World Journal
Reviewer in Journals and Books
1. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews
2. Asian Journal of Andrology
3. Canadian Urological Association Journal
4. International Journal of Urology
5. International Brazilian Journal of Urology
6. Nature Reviews Urology
7. Journal of Pediatric Urology
8. Journal of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
9. Journal of Sexual Medicine
10. Research and Reports in Urology
11. Scandinavian Journal of Urology
12. Urology Gold Journal
13. UroToday International Journal
14. Book reviewer for Santucci RA, Chen M. URETERS
Number of PhDs supervised:
11 PhDs currently
1. Djordjevic ML. Hypospadia multioperadas. Annual Meeting of Brasilian Urological Association, Rio de Janeiro, April 2008.
2. Djordjevic ML. Casos complexos da doenca de peyronie. Annual Meeting of Brasilian Urological Association, Rio de Janeiro, April 2008.
3. Djordjevic ML. Neofaloplastia. Annual Meeting of Brasilian Urological Association, Rio de Janeiro, April 2008.
4. Djordjevic ML. Urethral reconstruction in female to male transgender patients. 8th Transhealth Conference, Philadelphia, June 2009.
5. Djordjevic ML. Metoidioplasty: basics, advances and roles in ftm surgery. 8th Transhealth Conference, Philadelphia, June 2009.
6. Djordjevic ML. Penile reconstruction. Annual Meeting of International Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Rhodes, September 2009
7. Djordjevic ML. Management of hypospadias. European Association of Urology, Section of South-Eastern European Section, Belgrade, October 2009.
8. Djordjevic ML. Adult stricture in previous hypospadias patients. Annual Meeting of Societe International de Urologie, Shangai, November 2009.
9. Djordjevic ML. Reconstrucao peniana. Annual Meeting of Portugal Andrological Society. Lisbon, November 2009.
10. Djordjevic ML. Genital reconstructive surgery. Varna, March 2010.
11. Djordjevic ML. Surgical management of hypospadias and epispadias Greek Association of Paediatric Surgeons, Ianina, April, 2010.
12. Djordjevic ML. Penile fracture. Annual Meeting of European Society for Sexual Medicine. Malaga, November 2010.
13. Djordjevic ML. Genital Reconstructive surgery. Visiting Professor, Washington University, Saint Louis, January 2011.
14. Djordjevic ML. Peyronieva bolest - modaliteti hirurškog lečenja. 20 kongres Udruženja urologa Srbije, 21-22 april, 2011, Beograd
15. Djordjevic ML. Festschrift for dr Sava V. Perovic: personal observations and surgical techniques from the master. American Urological Association Anual Meeting. Washington DC, USA, May 2011.
16. Djordjevic ML. Post hypospadiac urethral strictures. Consultations on urethral stricture disease, Medical Faculty, University of Belgrade, October 21, 2011.
17. Djordjevic ML. Severe genital trauma - emergency treatment in 2011. 14th Congress of the European Society for Sexual Medicine. Milano, Italy, December 2011.
18. Djordjevic ML. Flap urethroplasty: tricks and traps! 31st Congress of the Societe Internationale D'Urologie. Berlin, Germany,October 2012.
19. Djordjevic ML. Urogenital reconstruction. MichiganUrologic Society (MUS) Meeting. Detroit, USA, May 2012.
20. Djordjevic ML. Female to male transsexual surgery. Sex Reassignment Surgery Meeting Clinical Hospital of Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Brasil, May 2012.
21. Djordjevic ML. Urođene anomalije genitalija. Udruženje pedijatara Srbije, Pedijatrijska škola Srbije, Zlatibor, Jun 2012
22. Djordjevic ML. Female to male surgery: basics, principles and challenges. 12th Asia-Oceania Congress of Sexology (AOCS). Matsue-city, Japan, August 2012.
23. Djordjevic ML. Genital injury. Society of Genitourinary reconstructive surgeons Simposuium. 32nd Congress of the Societe International d'Urologie. September 30-October 4, 2012, Fukuoka, Japan.
24. Djordjevic ML. Severe genital trauma - emergency treatment in 2011. European Society for Sexual Medicine, 15th Congress, Amsterdam, December 6-8, 2012.
25. Djordjevic ML. What are the various options in phalloplasty & An overview in gender reassignment surgery. Gender Aesthetic Congress Asia 2013, Singapore, April 10-13th.
26. Djordjevic ML. Genital complications after hypospadias repair. 33rd Congress of the Société Internationale d'Urologie, Vancouver, Canada, September 8-12th, 2013.
27. Djordjevic ML. Urethroplasty in neophalloplasty. 33rd Congress of the Société Internationale d'Urologie, Vancouver, Canada, September 8-12th, 2013.
28. Djordjevic ML. Severe penile injuries in children and adolescents: Reconstruction modalities. 16th Congress of the European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM), Istanbul, Turkey, January 29th - February 1st, 2014.
29. Djordjevic ML. Organizer and Chairman of the Mini-Symposia ''Pitfalls in Transsexual Surgery''. 23rd Symposium of World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), Bangkok, Thailand, February 14-18th, 2014.
30. Djordjevic ML. Pannel: Hypospadias: Severe chordee - ventral lengthening Vs dorsal plication. 25th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Urology (ESPU), Innsbruck, Austria, May 07-10th, 2014.
31. Djordjevic ML. State of the Art Lecture: Severe Genital Trauma & Live surgery. 2nd Live operative workshop on male and female complicated urinary tract reconstructive and incontinence surgerie - PENRECON 2014, Ahmedabad, India, August 23-24th, 2014.
32. Djordjevic ML. Moderator in Live surgery on Hypospadias repair. 8th Masterclass of Genito-Urethral Reconstructive Surgery, London, UK, November 3-6th, 2014.
33. Djordjevic ML. The 18th Hypospadias Study Days, Istanbul, Turkey, November 29th, 2014.
34. Djordjevic ML. Reconstruction of severe penile injuries. 17th Congress of the European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM), February 5-7th 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark.
35. Djordjevic ML. Chairman of the Surgery Session. First Biennal Conference of the European Professional Association for Transgender Health (EPATH) - "Transgender Health in Europe", March 12-14th, 2015, Ghent, Belgium.
36. Djordjevic ML. Reconstructive lecture series. First annual visiting professorship in the name of Dr Zahi Makhuli, May 13th, 2015, Syracuse, USA.
37. Djordjevic ML. Genital Reconstructive Surgery. International Meeting and Workshop. 24-28th August, 2015, Nairobi, Kenia
38. Djordjevic ML. Hypospadias surgery. 72nd Congress of the French Society of Pediatric Surgery (SFCP), September 16-18th, 2015, Lille, France.
39. Djordjevic ML. Sex reassignment surgery. Transsexual Surgery Meeting, September 24-25th, 2015, Goteborg, Sweden.
40. Djordjevic ML. Management of surgical complications after transsexual surgery. Transsexual Surgery Meeting, December, 2015, Turin, Italy.
1. University of Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, 2008
2. University of Varna, Bulgaria, March 2010
3. University of Saint Louis, USA, January 2011
4. University of Michigan, USA, May 2012
5. University of Goiania, Brasil, May 2012
6. University of Nagoya, Japan, August 2012
7. University of Istanbul, Turkey, November 2014
8. SUNY-Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, USA, May 2015
Member of The Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY, USA; Member of Mount Sinai's International Teaching Faculty.
March - April 1997.
Observer in Urology at the Urology Department of The Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, under guidance of Dr Alan Retik
Many visits and demonstration surgeries from 1997-2016
Italy (Padua, Milano, Roma); Hungary (Budapest, Szeged, Pesc); Greece (Thessaloniki, Patras); Germany (Munich, Bonn, Berlin, Frankfurt); Poland (Warsaw); Portugal (Lisbon); USA (New York, Miami, Detroit, Portland); Brasil (Rio de Janeiro); Thailand (Bangkok); India (Ahmedabad); UK (London)